Environmental Services Worker: 3pm - 11:30pm
Location: Sharon, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 6293
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES WORKER (JOB ID: 6293)
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Environmental Services Worker maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the hospital by using aseptic techniques in accordance with infection control standards.
1. Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services department.
2. Follows all infection control practices including hand-washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
3. Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
4. Removes waste and soiled linen from work area and places in specified bag or container. Insures that contaminated waste is identified prior to disposal. Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
5. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and disinfectant according to procedure and cleaning routine to prevent the spread of infection.
6. Monitors and changes sharp disposal boxes, moves furniture and equipment as appropriate to properly clean and participates in performance improvement activities.
7. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
8. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
9. Performs other duties as required.
PREFER: High School diploma or equivalent experience.
Previous cleaning experience in an acute care setting. Basic computer knowledge.
Location: Sharon-Sharon Hospital 50 Hospital Hill Road
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening 8
Work Shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm including alternating weekends.
Org Unit: 993
Department: Environmental Services
EOE, including disability/vets.
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Services Worker: 3pm - 11:30pm
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sharon, Connecticut US
Job Number: 28544