Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 2664
Administers pre-hospital care to sick or injured persons. Fully demonstrates proficiency and completion of each EMT level function.
1. Administers advanced/basic pre-hospital emergency care to sick or injured persons.
2. Maintains equipment for constant state of readiness.
3. May participate in orientation and training of new employees.
4. May participate in training of students who perform practical rotations through EMS system.
5. Assists Emergency Room staff with daily operations or administration of care.
6. Recommends changes to lead staff to ensure smooth operation of EMS system.
7. Maintains crew quarters.
8. Has successfully completed twenty Advanced Life Support Calls while riding third with approved Paramedic Preceptor/Mentor.
9. Performs all ALS patient interviews, skills, and documentation while under direct supervision of preceptor.
10. Completes required ALS clinical observation forms.
11. Periodically (every thirty days) reviews ALS progress report with quality assurance and paramedic preceptor.
12. Continually prepares for upgrade to Paramedic 1 level B.
13. Fulfills all other EMS contractual obligations.
14. Performs at least 2 intubations.
15. Rides third with approved preceptor for at least twenty ALS calls.
16. Fulfills all sponsor hospital medical control and requirements.
17. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position and performs all other duties as assigned.
Required: Completion of Medical Control Exams and Danbury Sponsor Hospital Mega Code. Compliance with random drug screening program. AHA, ARC or NSC BLS CPR (or CPR-Instructor) certificate that has not reached the recommended renewal date. On-time Completion of required CME/Educational material as assigned by the service. For advanced staff with primary medical control affiliation through DH EMS: Submission of CME records by annual due date, and maintenance of medical control authorization from Danbury Hospital*. For advanced staff with primary medical control affiliation through another service: Maintain medical control authorization from Danbury Hospital*.
License: Current valid CT DPH issued Paramedic license. (Hospital does not recognize any “grace” period - must not have reached the expiration date of certification on card).
Certification: AHA ACLS (or ACLS-Instructor) course completion certificate that has not reached the recommended renewal date. AHA PALS (or PALS-Instructor) course completion certificate that has not reached the recommended renewal date. CPR.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Hazardous materials awareness, EVOC.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Org Unit: 650
Department: Danbury Ambulance Contracted Management Service
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day/Night 8 & 12; Variable rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Paramedic 1
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 28594