Materials/Equipment/Distribution Clerk 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 3550
Supports the day-to-day operations of the Linen area, Materials Distribution area, Equipment Distribution, and Mailroom. Cross-trained to all functions of the Materials Distribution area including the Mailroom. Ensures that proper supply levels and urgent requests are handled in a timely manner. Instructs and trains new employees and students.
1. Participates as a key support member in the Materials Distribution area, insuring that linen, equipment, supplies, and mail are adequately maintained and delivered in cooperation with the nursing staff in all clinical areas.
2. Using routine methods or hand-held devices, determines nursing unit usage, whether linen, supplies, or equipment needs replenishing as per par levels. Performs ongoing attention to usage so as to maintain proper par levels.
3. Follows all procedures for tracking linen distribution and return of unused quantities from the nursing floors or user departments.
4. Works in soiled linen room using proper infection control techniques to move soiled linen from laundry chute into transport tubs & then to storage area. Assists in the pick-up of soiled tubs elsewhere in the building and returns them to the soiled room.
5. In addition to the deliveries of all Par supplies, performs delivery function of all non-par items, including, but not limited to: UPS and FedEx, mail, linen requests, equipment, MDC completed orders, and the pick-up of Archives and shipping requests.
6. Processes linen in the laundry clean room as needed, through sorting, folding, assembling, packaging, and wrapping to prepare towel, linen, and gown packs for sterilization and distribution.
7. Reports variances from the Materials Management standards to manager, to ensure continuity of operations.
8. Instructs and trains new employees and students.
9. Assists in the receiving area at the warehouse.
10. Maintains a safe work environment for daily operations, and reports any potential hazards to the supervisor or manager, the Workplace Safety Manager, or by placing a note into the department suggestion box.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Good communication and listening skills due to daily and direct customer contact.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Hands-on work experience with proven Warehouse Inventory Management systems.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Org Unit: 299
Department: Central Sterile Supply
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: Night 8 - 11pm - 7:30am
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials/Equipment/Distribution Clerk 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 29052