Service Mechanic-Plant Operator
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 3485
Responsible for routine, preventative, operational and emergency services relating to physical plant, adjacent buildings and facility-related equipment.
1. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
2. Completes assigned work orders.
3. Maintains life safety equipment in accordance with NFPA. Prepares documentation.
4. May document file, transport all archive items (NON-H.I.M).
5. Carry house pager and complete tasks.
6. Document and file all equipment manuals.
7. Troubleshoot daily problems as needed.
8. Move offices, furniture.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Mechanical knowledge & basic knowledge of electrical, HVAC & plumbing systems. Familiarity with hand and power tools. Language, mathematical & reasoning ability.
Minimum Experience: five years
Desired: Plant operation & maintenance experience. Knowledge of safety management. OE-2 preferred.
Location: New Milford-21 Elm St
Org Unit: 496
Department: Plant Operations NMH
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: Night 8 -Every Saturday Night, 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Mechanic-Plant Operator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 29196