Transfusion & Oncology Specialist
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 10096
Responsible for providing parenteral therapy to stable, adult outpatients in a hospital-based outpatient infusion center, as well as patients under Norwalk Health Services Corporation auspices.
- Care Delivery/Therapeutic Interventions Criteria A: Adheres to established Nursing Standards of Practice to include: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation Care Delivery/Therapeutic Interventions Criteria B: Practices according to unit-based protocols Care Delivery/Therapeutic Interventions Criteria C: Administers medication/IV solution according to Norwalk Hospital policy and procedure and consults appropriate resources for information, as needed Care Delivery/Therapeutic Interventions Criteria D: Follows chemotherapy administration according to Norwalk Hospital policy/procedure and consults appropriate resources for information, as needed
- Patient and Family Education Criteria A: Assesses learning needs of patient and family or significant others Patient and Family Education Criteria B: Plans and provides appropriate instruction Patient and Family Education Criteria C: Assesses and documents effectiveness of teaching
- Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria A: Participates in unit-based activities and Norwalk Hospital Committees Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria B: Attends staff development continuing education programs, JCAHO and OSHA programs annually Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria C: Maintains and updates educational record Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria D: Participates in professional organizations
- Leadership Criteria A: Maintains a positive working environment through personal example and fostering teamwork Leadership Criteria B: Facilitates patient care and delegates responsibilities to other team members to provide therapeutic environment Leadership Criteria C: Assumes role of charge RN and demonstrates independent solving and decisionmaking skills Leadership Criteria D: Demonstrates good organizational and prioritization skills, able to assist in orientation and teaching of nursing personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: Current CT RN license required. BSN preferred. Experience in the field of Medical-Surgical Nursing, Oncology and IV Therapy preferred. Oncology Chemotherapy and Biological Therapy Certification preferred. Basic Life Support Certification required.
Minimum Experience: zero to six months
Desired: Excellent IV insertion skills. Working knowledge of chemotherapeutic agents as well as advanced technical clinical familiarity with indwelling cental venous catheter devises. Working knowledge of the CQI process and ICD-9 codes. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently in a close team setting and under the guidance of the Medical Director.
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: varried 8a -5p, mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
Org Unit: 391
Department: Outpatient Infusion Center
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
Community / Marketing Title: Transfusion & Oncology Specialist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 31498