Staff Nurse- Radiology
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 5401
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Perform nursing duties for the Department of Radiology and its sections, so as to maintain patient care standards.
1. Daily equipment checklist Criteria A: Monitors emergency equipment and document notebook in cart Daily equipment checklist Criteria B: Performs QC of "one-touch" glucoscan Daily equipment checklist Criteria C: Performs narcotic count at 8:00a.m. and 4:30p.m. Daily equipment checklist Criteria D: Checks daily schedule of procedures with control master sheet. Notifies GI lab to recover angiogram patients
2. Supply procedures Criteria A: Stocks sterile items when necessary from Central Supply Supply procedures Criteria B: Understands appropriate method for disposing of biohazard waste Supply procedures Criteria C: Notifies appropriate personnel for stock items in department and special procedures room
3. General duties in Department Criteria A: Coordinates booking for anesthesia and PTC nephrostomy procedures General duties in Department Criteria B: Understands and performs inpatient and outpatient procedures for angiogram patients General duties in Department Criteria C: Informs and prepares patients for procedures. Demonstrates skill in using special equipment such as monitors, infusion pumps, oxygen equipment, arterial pressure line General duties in Department Criteria D: Able to start IV lines for angiogram patients, IVP procedures and CT. Administers IV contrast and recognizes contrast reactions and assists in treatment. Understands and demonstrates appropriate nursing care in emergencies. Assesses and monitors patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing interventions. Documents patient status and care given. Instructs patient and family regarding examination, treatment and outcome
4. Department Review Criteria A: Orientation with Physicist for radiation protection Department Review Criteria B: Able to identify location of emergency equipment, fire alarms, fire extinguishers and fire exits in department, MSDS, Infection Control, Policy and Procedure Manuals Department Review Criteria C: Demonstrates understanding of universal precautions
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
6. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: R.N. with 3 years Radiology Department experience or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: three years
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Work hours in Interventional Radiology are 8am-4:30pm. There is also call coverage for off hours and weekends according to department needs
Org Unit: 407
Department: Interventional Radiology
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Nurse- Radiology
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 31546