Registered Nurse (Psych/Mental Health)
Location: Sharon, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 9612
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Purpose: The Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities, and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment. He/she manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team. Population served is based on scope of services in the department.
1. Able to assess and reassess the needs of the patient.
2. Completes nursing assessment within 24 hours of admission.
3. Provides efficient discharge planning throughout process.
4. An active member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and continuously evaluates the appropriateness and quality of nursing care.
5. Serves as the primary nursing care coordinator, planning, implementing and coordinating nursing care activities for assigned patients.
6. Performs treatment/ documents intervention following physician orders such as medication administration and medical treatment orders.
7. Interprets the nursing and treatment needs of the patient to non-professional staff members assigned to the patient.
8. Assists in placing patients in seclusion or restraints and observes suicide/seclusion precautions.
9. Provides resources and support for patient, prior, during and after treatment.
10. Monitors and enforces utilization of proper nursing techniques while supervising LVN (LPN) and unlicensed nursing staff.
11. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
12. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
13. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Associate Degree in nursing or equivalent experience.
· One to three years nursing experience preferred.
· Clerical (filing, photocopying etc.) experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer and analytical skills.
· Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work in Customer Relations.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
· CT RN License required.
· BLS Certification required.
· Successful completion of a Joint Commission approved non-violent de-escalation certification program within 30 days of hire.
Location: Sharon-Sharon Hospital 50 Hospital Hill Road
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day 12
Work Shift: 12 hour shifts 6:45am - 7:15pm
Org Unit: 938
Department: Psych Unit
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (Psych/Mental Health)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sharon, Connecticut US
Job Number: 31659