Location: Carmel, New York US
Requisition Number: 10216
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Purpose: The Mammography Technologist is responsible for low-dose x-rays to help identify masses and other abnormalities in and around the breast. The Mammography Technologist must be highly accurate in their positioning and exposure techniques to optimize the image and maintain radiation safety standards. Population served based on scope of services in the department.
1. Operate radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
2. Perform diagnostic mammography and DEXA imaging on patients per physician orders.
3. Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
4. Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
5. Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with CMS, ACR, and MQSA regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
6. Review and evaluate developed x-rays, video tape or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
7. Interact with and perform imaging studies to patients of all ages including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
8. Serve as a liaison with vendors for equipment service calls, repairs, and supply orders while utilizing cost effective methods.
9. Assist the Mammography Coordinator to ensure Quality Assurance (QA) testing is done in accordance with MQSA/ACR regulatory requirements for all mammography equipment.
10. Function as a staff radiologic technologist performing x-rays and operating c-arm for pain management cases as needed.
11. Assumes responsibility of for stocking supplies.
12. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
13. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Satisfactory completion of a formal course of instruction in radiologic technology in an American Medical Association approved school.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience performing diverse radiographic procedures and recent intra-operative radiology
Location: Carmel-PHC 670 Stoneleigh Avenue
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: DAY 1
Work Shift: as needed weekday day shift
Org Unit: 1352
Department: Diagnostic Radiology
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Mammography Technologist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carmel, New York US
Job Number: 31958