Staff Nurse- Cardiac Cath Lab (Days)
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 8993
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides direct patient care to adult through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with the physician continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness. Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiac Cath Lab team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure. Administers Conscious Sedation during procedures under Physician direction.Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities. On call coverage as needed.
1. Physical Assessment Criteria A: Assesses patient upon admission to the cardiac lab, providing a clear picture of his/her status and needs Physical Assessment Criteria B: Documents assessment and preprocedure information, incorporating the plan of care for the individual Physical Assessment Criteria C: Reassesses patient throughout the cardiac procedure and revises the plan of care post procedure Physical Assessment Criteria D: Completes transfer/discharge assessment with documentation
2. Procedural Competence Criteria A: Competent to scrub for right and left heart catheterizations, temporary and permanent pacemaker insertions, AICD insertions, EP studies, Cardioversions, IABP insertions, catheter ablations, and emergency angioplasty Procedural Competence Criteria B: Competent to circulate during right and left heart catheterizations, temporary and permanent pacemaker insertions, AICD insertions, EP studies, Cardioversions, IABP insertions, catheter ablations, and emergency angioplasty Procedural Competence Criteria C: Competent to monitor patients undergoing right and left heart catheterizations, temporary and permanent pacemaker insertions, AICD insertions, EP studies, Cardioversions, IABP insertion and therapy, Transesophageal echocardiograms, catheter ablations, and emergency angioplasty Procedural Competence Criteria D: Competent in IV insertion
3. Medication Administration Criteria A: Assesses the patient prior to administering medications noting allergies, potential side effects, effectiveness, and intervening as needed Medication Administration Criteria B: Follows the 5 Rights of Medication Administration, and uses medication references as needed Medication Administration Criteria C: Administers conscious sedation medications according to the Conscious Sedation guidelines Medication Administration Criteria D: Provides pain management based on patients needs and assesssment findings
4. Teamwork Criteria A: Promotes a positive work environment through personal example and teamwork Teamwork Criteria B: Coordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care, uses available resources Teamwork Criteria C: Coordinates with other hospital departments for the best care for the patient Teamwork Criteria D: Assists within department as needed and as time permits
5. Patient Safety Criteria A: Assesses patients upon admission to the cardiac lab for potential safety risks Patient Safety Criteria B: Uses time out safety measures preprocedure Patient Safety Criteria C: Maintain safe environment for the patient throughout the procedure Patient Safety Criteria D: Adheres to hospital policies and procedure regarding patient safety
6. Patient Education Criteria A: Assesses learning needs of the patient and family Patient Education Criteria B: Provides appropriate instruction using available teaching methods Patient Education Criteria C: Assesses patient and family response to teaching
7. Leadership Criteria A: Uses independent problem solving, decision making. and prioritizing skills Leadership Criteria B: Flexible to staffing needs and unexpected changes Leadership Criteria C: Assists with orientation and teaching of new personnel and students Leadership Criteria D: Continuing Education
8. Quality Care Delivery Criteria A: Follows hospital and JCAHO standards for patient care Quality Care Delivery Criteria B: Follows infection control guidelines Quality Care Delivery Criteria C: Provides data to review patient outcomes and satisfaction Quality Care Delivery Criteria D: Continually attempts to identify area in need of improvement and to implement quality improvements
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: Graduate from an Accredited Nursing Program. B.S. Degree in Nursing Preferred
Minimum Experience: zero to six months
Desired: Current Connecticut State R.N. License. Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support required. Venipuncture experience required. IntraAortic Balloon Pump experience preferred. EP/Pacemaker experience preferred. Catheter Ablation experience preferred. Angioplasty experience preferred.
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day 8 & 10
Work Shift: 7a-3:30p or 7a-5:30p with on call off hours & weekends
Org Unit: 347
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Nurse- Cardiac Cath Lab (Days)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 32449