Location: Carmel, New York US
Requisition Number: 9959
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
SUMMARY: Supports Director of Patient Care Services in development, implementation, and monitoring of the patient care delivery system and related nursing practice standards in collaboration with the nursing leadership team. Responsible for the quality of patient care and provides leadership, planning, coordination, management, and evaluation of unit. Accountable for insuring quality, financials, employee engagement, and patient experience in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals.
SPAN OF CONTROL:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
1. Plans, organizes, and evaluates nursing practice standards on the unit.
2. Assumes 24/7 accountability for the supervision of personnel and facilitates optimal patient care through the appropriate use of resources to provide safe, quality care.
3.Provides mentoring, coaching, feedback and fosters teamwork in a positive work environment to achieve quality services with a high level of employee engagement. Values and supports diversity.
4. Re-enforces the importance of established training requirements and ensures that all team members meet all of their training requirements within established timelines.
5. Leads and is accountable for reaching departmental goals. Support Director in reaching identified strategic growth targets.
6. Assumes responsibility for effective fiscal management of department/departments to ensure proper utilization of financial resources. Demonstrates ability to analyze and understand data in order to support and justify business decisions.
7. Facilitates interdisciplinary and interdepartmental communication for effective departmental operations. Works collaboratively with physicians and other leaders in the organization.
8. Ensures department regulatory compliance with standards throughpolicies and practices. Is responsible for the quality of services provided including identification of performance improvement and patient safety opportunities, in addition to developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating quality and safety initiatives.
9. Assumes responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment which supports service excellence, and is a role model for staff, patient, and family interactions.
10. Fosters an environment that encourages open communication. Assumes responsibility for communication to ensure that information is shared regularly for effective operations and to promote positive employee relations.
11. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development to ensure current knowledge in the profession/position. Demonstrates ability to translate evidence -based data into practice. Collaborates with the Department of Professional Development to identify and develop educational programs to maintain the skill set of staff and foster professional growth. Holds staff accountable for regulatory and educational compliance.
12. In collaboration with the Department of Professional Development, supports the participation of nursing leadership and staff in the shared governance model and is an active participant. Acts as a mentor and leader for nurses in their understanding of the shared governance model.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
Education:BSN or Advanced degree in nursing required (or completion of either within 2 years).Master’s Degree in Nursing or related fields preferred.
Experience:3 years of relevant clinical experience with 2 years of leadership experience. Nursing Certification in leadership or related specialty preferred. Membership in a Healthcare/Nursing professional organization preferred.
License:New York State RN License (Vassar Brothers Hospital, Putnam Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital)
Certifications required based on unit specialties
Physical:Occasionally requires light physical effort as in periods of standing at files or work tables, repeated changes of position within the work routine or prolonged sitting.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Occasional exposure to minor injury or other occupational hazards requiring precaution.
Location: Carmel-PHC 670 Stoneleigh Avenue
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 37.50
Work Schedule: DAY 7.5
Work Shift: variable day shift
Org Unit: 1433
Department: Operating Room
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Manager OR
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carmel, New York US
Job Number: 32473