Registered Nurse (Pediatrics)
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 10495
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides professional care and assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
Required: State of CT RN license. Preferred: Current Pediatrics experience, Family Birth Center or NICU level IIIb experience. PALS and NRP certifications, or must obtain within 3 months of hire. Position will float between Maternity, NICU, and Pediatrics.
Hours: Per Diem
Shift: 7pm - 7:30am
1. Performs assessments in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological & cognitive status.
2. Formulates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis & patient outcomes.
3. Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
4. Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
5. Evaluates effectiveness of care given and patient progression toward outcomes.
6. Identifies patient's/significant other's learning needs and implements appropriate measures to meet them.
7. Coordinates interdisciplinary functions.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired: Nursing certification, BSN
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.01
Work Schedule: Night 12
Work Shift: 7pm - 7:30am
Org Unit: 224
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (Pediatrics)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 34600