Staff Nurse (Delivery)
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 11245
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
To provide direct and indirect nursing care to a patient or a group of patients.
1. Physical Assessment Criteria A: Completes the Admission assessment of the patient providing a clear picture of his/her status. Physical Assessment Criteria B: Documents detailed information incorporating the plan of care, interventions and outcomes reflecting the patient’s physical, mental and emotional status. Physical Assessment Criteria C: Reassesses patient on a shift to shift basis. Physical Assessment Criteria D: Completes transfer/discharge documentation including an assessment of the patient’s needs to determine the preferred level of care.
2. Administration of Medications Criteria A: Follows the 5 Rights of Medication Administration, verbalizing to patients/family/significant other the medication they are receiving. Administration of Medications Criteria B: Assesses the patient prior to administering medications noting allergies, parameters, potential side effects, effectiveness and intervening as needed. Administration of Medications Criteria C: Provides pain management based on the patient’s reports and assessment findings. Reassesses and documents response according to hospital standards. Administration of Medications Criteria D: Identifies high risk: PINCH, sound alike/look alike and utilizes medication references as needed.
3. Patient Safety Criteria A: Assesses patients for potential safety risks upon admission. Patient Safety Criteria B: Adheres to hospital policies and procedures regarding patient safety. Patient Safety Criteria C: Initiates interventions related to the risk factors identified.
4. Patient/Family Education Criteria A: Assesses learning needs of patient/family/significant other. Patient/Family Education Criteria B: Plans and provides appropriate instruction using applicable teaching methods. Patient/Family Education Criteria C: Assesses and documents patient/family/significant other response to teaching.
5. Delegation Criteria A: Applies the 5 rights of delegation. Delegation Criteria B: Coordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care, including the delegation of tasks. Delegation Criteria C: Maintains accountability for care delegated. Delegation Criteria D: States roles/responsibilities of co-workers to whom tasks are delegated.
6. Leadership Criteria A: Promotes a positive work environment through personal example and teamwork. Leadership Criteria B: Assumes role of charge nurse demonstrating independent problem solving, decision making, organizational and prioritization skills. Leadership Criteria C: Attends to unit staffing needs in relation to acuity and census in a pro-active manner. Leadership Criteria D: Assists in orientation and teaching of new nursing personnel.
7. Care Delivery Criteria A: Adheres to Nursing Standards of Practice to include assessment, care planning, interventions and evaluation of the plan of care Care Delivery Criteria B: Practices according to unit based standards. (see unit specific competencies)
8. Criteria A: .
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: License to practice in the State of Connecticut.
Minimum Experience: zero to six months
Desired: Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) within three months of hire.
Labor & Delivery - NRP, ACLS, EFM
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night 12
Work Shift: 7p-7:30am including weekends as required
Org Unit: 433
Department: Delivery Room
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
* Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support
* Registered Nurse
* Trauma Nursing Core Course
* Associate's Level Degree
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Nurse (Delivery)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 34672