RN Per Diem (Radiation Therapy)
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 11750
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides professional care and assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
Required: State of CT RN license. Oncology patient care experience including chemotherapy administration. Previous Radiation Therapy Nursing experience preferred.
Hours: Per Diem
Shift: 8am to 4:30pm
1. Performs assessments in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological & cognitive status.
2. Formulates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis & patient outcomes.
3. Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
4. Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
5. Evaluates effectiveness of care given and patient progression toward outcomes.
6. Identifies patient's/significant other's learning needs and implements appropriate measures to meet them.
7. Coordinates interdisciplinary functions.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired: Nursing certification, BSN
Location: New Milford-21 Elm St
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.01
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 8am to 4:30pm
Org Unit: 486
Department: Radiation Therapy NMH
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: RN Per Diem (Radiation Therapy)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 35287