Patient Care Technician II
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 12061
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Performs patient care activities and non-professional services.
These include addressing the personal, physical and emotional needs of the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient and family.
Practice must be consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and Medical Center administration.
Population served based on scope of services in the department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Current NYS Certified Nurse Aide Training certificate or have successfully completed the first clinical rotation at an accredited school of nursing.
· AHA BLS provider certification course required
· Three (3) to six (6) months of CNA or PCT experience preferred Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· General knowledge of high school subject matter including sciences, simple medical procedures / terminology, and office equipment.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
· Current NYS C.N.A. certification or completion of first clinical rotation at an accredited school of nursing
· BLS certification is required 90 days’ from date of hire
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Part Time
Org Unit: 1450
Department: General Surgical
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Care Technician II
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 35447