Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 8216x
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS - VASSAR BROTHER'S MEDICAL CENTER (NUVANCE HEALTH) IS LOOKING FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS!
Attention Diagnostic Medical Sonographers/ Ultrasound Technologists! Vassar Brothers is looking for you and can offer you a $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS and competitive pay -- if you are certified by ARDMS, registered as a RDMS or RVT. If you are registry eligible, we want to hear from you. CANDIDATES ONLY please send an updated resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations. Vassar Brothers Medical Center is hiring!
Performs the various diagnostic ultrasound imaging procedures, quality control procedures, and other ancillary job duties, with the goal of providing
the highest quality of appropriate imaging services possible in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Services are provided to neonate,
pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the age of the
High School Diploma. Completion of a one or two-year accredited (CAHEEP) ultrasound training program and/or equivalent ; on-the-job training. Minimum of two years of college credits highly desirable.
Experience: One to two years of experience preferred.
1. Reviews the ultrasound requests in order to insure that the appropriate exam is being done based on the patient history and the physician's clinical assessment.
2. Ensures the safety and comfort of patients.
3. Processes the images taken and presents them, along with all necessary paper work, to the radiologists for interpretation.
4. Greets patients, explains the procedure and puts them at ease before the exam. Answers any questions.
5. Assists radiologist during performance of invasive procedures, including the taking of vital signs before and after the procedure.
6. Fits in-house exams and STAT outpatient exams into the existing schedule in order to ensure smooth work flow & limit patient waiting time.
7. Maintains familiarity with computer system in order to complete, reschedule, order and cancel exams as necessary. Knows how to recall a patient's radiology exam history as needed.
8. Keeps each room clean and stocked. Insures that diagnostic equipment is sanitized after each patient.
9. Interacts with nursing floors and receptionists to insure that patients have the appropriate preparation for their ultrasound exams.
Required: ARDMS registered, 30 CEU credits in a rolling 3 year triennium. maintains current knowledge of professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development. Experience with patient care in a hospital setting.
Education: Graduate from an accredited Ultrasound school or Allied Health Program.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: Nights/ evenings 8
Work Schedule: Predominately nights, some evenings with weekend and holiday rotations
Work Shift: As needed and includes weekend and holiday rotations
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Org Unit: 1381
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 36108