Registered Nurse (Oncology)
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 12244
$5,000 - Sign-On Bonus (Externals)
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
$5,000 - Sign-On Bonus (Externals) Summary: To assist the physician or physician assistant in providing primary medical care to the patients of the Office Practice. Responsibilities:
1. Prepares materials, supplies, equipment and the patient to assist the physician or the physician assistant with the patient's medical exam.
2. Obtains the patients history and basic medical data such as vital signs, temperature, height and weight, vision and chief complaint.
3. Provides direct patient care, such as ear irrigation, vaccinations and medications, wound care and suture removal.
4. Collects, prepares and analyzes patient specimens as directed by the physician or physician assistant.
5. Instructs the patient and family on how to perform physician recommended preventive care, take prescribed medication, prepare for tests, monitor treatment progress and note symptom changes.
6. Contacts the patient by telephone to provide requested follow-up, advise them of test results or relay a physician's instructions.
7. Performs organizational responsibilities to achieve the Practices' and WCMG missions through a process of total quality improvement.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position. 9. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Foundational Values (Personal, Imaginative, Agile, Connected).
10. Performs other duties as required.
Five years job-related experience preferred.
One year supervisory experience required. Medical knowledge and terminology.
Computer skills/data entry (including Microsft Word, Excel and Outlook). Knowledge of insurance contracts and requirements.
Clinical and business office functions, including direct patient care.
Verbal and written English proficiency.
Minimum Experience: three years Desired: Associates Degree preferred. Previous medical office experience preferred.
Location: Poughkeepsie-Dyson Center 45 Reade Place
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: m-f 8-430 flex, 3 days a week
Org Unit: 1675
Department: Radiation Oncologuy UROC
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (Oncology)
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 36810