Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 6651-1
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices.
Provides clerical support, coordinates general unit activity and communicates clearly with all disciplines. Assists with patient care activities and other tasks on the unit.
1. Assesses and performs clerical needs of the unit & unit management in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent & continuous manner.
2. Answers phones, call bell and interacts with visitors, patients & staff members in an efficient & courteous manner.
3. Provides input to charge nurse/clinical leader/manager with unit staffing process.
4. Organizes and maintains patient records.
5. Manages and maintains various unit supplies within budgetary constraints.
6. Prepares and maintains charts for all patients insuring confidentiality for patients & their families at all times.
7. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit.
8. Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all health care team members & patients.
9. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
10. Follows WCHN standards of service excellence.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to prioritize tasks.
Minimum Experience: six months
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Evening 8
Work Shift: 3p-1130pm with every other weekend commitment
Org Unit: 167
Department: General Medicine 1
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Unit Secretary/Coordinator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 38770