Location: Carmel, New York US
Requisition Number: 11599
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Reports To: Director of Pharmacy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, and under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor and/or licensed registered pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant assists in the procurement and preparation of medication for dispensing and maintains all records in accordance with Federal and New York State laws and Putnam Hospital policies and procedures. The Pharmacy Assistant participates in all pharmacy activities and works to achieve the goals of the institution and department. Population served based on scope of services in the department.
1. Prepare and deliver all inpatient medication orders under pharmacist supervision.
2. Maintain automated dispensing cabinets, including but not limited to refills, loads, outdates under pharmacist supervision.
3. Process wholesaler and direct orders received, ensuring items barcode scan appropriately prior to putting medications on shelf.
4. Assist in maintaining inventory control and proper par levels of medications in all areas where medications are stored.
5. Prepare sterile compounds and clean sterile compounding area according to USP <797> Guidelines under pharmacist supervision.
6. Accurately maintains all records and files as required by law and/or policies.
7. Assist in performance of monthly Nursing Unit Inspections.
8. Provide a safe environment for patients, visitors, and/or employees by being aware of the safety and health policies of the hospital and adhering to and enhancing these policies via the identification/reporting/correcting of unsafe conditions
9. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
10. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High School graduate or equivalent experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Basic computer skills
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
· Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board or must obtain certification within one year of hire date.
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Potential environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
· Hazardous Waste
· Blood Borne Pathogens. Job may require performance or tasks that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
· Chemicals/Commercial Products
· Experiencing challenging conditions where a professional attitude will be required
· Exposure to Latex
· Fumes or Airborne Particles
· Interacting with a Diverse population
· May be requested to work overtime or weekends for coverage
· Noise Level – Varies from Moderate to Very Loud
· Repetitive Motion
· Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
· Risk of Electrical Shock
· Shift Work
· Adverse weather conditions
· Work near moving mechanical parts
· Work in confined spaces
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Requirement Percent of Time Activity Required
Physical Strength and Endurance None 1% – 33% 34% - 66% 67% - 100%
Manual dexterity – using hands, fingers, or feet
Reach/Grasp at, above, below shoulder level
Visual acuity adequate to read information from printed sources and computer screens
Speaking / Hearing – Communicate clearly in person / over the phone / respond to questions
Ability to manage stress related to multiple priorities
0 - 10 lbs.
11 - 25 lbs.
26 - 50 lbs.
51 lbs. or greater
Equipment Usage None 1% – 33% 34% - 66% 67% - 100%
Computer - Requires manual dexterity to operate keyboard
Power Equipment- Requires hand/eye coordination
Clinical Equipment – visual acuity & manual dexterity
Mental Requirements Yes No
Ability to perform duties that require flexibility and interpersonal skills in addition to sound judgment
Effectively verbalize instructions / important information in a pleasant manner
Ability to read / record data quickly and accurately and prepare forms/documents
Ability to prioritize appropriately
Ability to work and cooperate with managers, patients, family members, and employees at all levels to exchange ideas and facilitate the tasks at hand
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions
Complex mental calculations
Physical & Mental Requirements may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks
Location: Carmel-PHC 670 Stoneleigh Avenue
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Shifts rotate between days (6:30a-3p or 8a-4:30p) and evenings (3:30p-midnight), including weekends and holidays.
Org Unit: 1158
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacy Technician
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carmel, New York US
Job Number: 39174