Reg Respiratory Therapist
Location: Sharon, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 11466
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York!
Are you seeking to join an award winning team with a company that provides career growth opportunities? Do you need to have great benefits, ample PTO and are capable of working a full time schedule? We would love to speak with you about our current openings. APPLY NOW!
The Licensed Respiratory Therapist (RT) provides respiratory care services to patients in all areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies and procedures and as prescribed by a physician. This individual will interact with patients of all ages.
- Walks or stands for long intervals of time, sits intermittently
- Generally works in a clean, well-lighted, heated and ventilated health care facility
- Is responsible to the Director of Respiratory Care Services and the Medical Director of Respiratory Care Services, as well as the shift charge therapist in Respiratory Care Services; Works cooperatively with physicians, nurses, and other health care personnel
- Participates in mandatory on-call rotations and performs charge therapist duties as required
- Performs other related duties as required
- Has knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients of different ages
- Orders supplies as needed
- Portrays a positive and professional image and commitment to service excellence and customer service
- Uses proper telephone, verbal, and written communication skills
- Communicates appropriate information to lead therapist or director for incident follow-up, etc
- Must have received an education, including completion of an approved Associate Degree Program in Respiratory Therapy or in a program determined by the Department of the State Board to be the equivalent.
- Must be Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support certified
Graduate Respiratory Therapists considered, however, prefer at least 1 year clinical experience in all aspects of Respiratory Care.
Location: Sharon-Sharon Hospital 50 Hospital Hill Road
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: NIGHT
Work Schedule: Night Shift 7-7am (requiring 1 shift a week)
Salary Range: $27-51 (depending on experience)
Department: Pulmonary Medicine
Community / Marketing Title: Reg Respiratory Therapist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sharon, Connecticut US
Job Number: 39182