HIM Tech 1
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 11312-5
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
HIM Technician I is responsible for prepping, scanning, quality control of all inpatient and outpatient paper medical records into the imaging system. Performs indexing and quality control of WCMG scanned and inbound fax documents. Covers Front Desk functions as needed on weekends, evenings and holidays.
1. Preps and assembles permanent record documents in required order for scanning, ensuring that all pages have form barcodes and name labels, affixing preprinted labels as necessary.
2. Performs scanning process according to department procedures and maintains set up for scanners to ensure optimal image quality and communicates scanner maintenance issues to supervisor as needed. Has the ability to trouble shoot routine scanning software and hardware issues.
3. Manually indexes documents within the online record if automatic indexing fails and reorders documents as needed.
4. Performs quality control review on all documents throughout the stages of prepping, scanning and indexing and makes necessary corrections upon identification of errors.
5. Performs indexing and quality control of WCMG documents scanned by the practices, as well as those in the inbound fax queue and follows related polices.
6. Demonstrates the ability to identity serious quality issues in the on-line record/EMR and takes appropriate action.
7. Performs the duties of Front Desk Reception on nights, weekends or holiday shifts. Duties include; answering phones, helping walk in customers, processing STAT transcription, STAT ROI fax requests, download radiology images to cd and pick up/processing of discharged records and loose reports.
8. Performs qualitative record review using audit review tool to monitor if documentation in the medical record is in compliance with all regulatory agency standards.
9. Maintains appropriate set up for scanners to ensure optimal image results and communicates scanner maintenance issues to supervisor as needed.
10. Achieves and maintains established HIM Tech I level accuracy and productivity standards.
11. Achieves the established expectations with regard to customer service, teamwork, safety and self-development.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Data entry required. Medical terminology and prior medical office or hospital experience required. Prior customer service experience required. Demonstrates ability to follow policy and procedures. Demonstrates ability to independently perform computer functions in both windows and web-based environments. Demonstrates decision-making ability, attention to detail and quality, strong interpersonal skills; team-oriented, and highly organized.
Minimum Experience: one year
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 7:00am- 3:30 pm or 8:00am-4:30 pm, Monday - Friday with rotating Saturdays every 7 or 8 weeks
Org Unit: 281
Department: Health Information Management
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: HIM Tech 1
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 40443