Supply Distribution Clerk
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 11926
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Performs duties necessary to ensure the proper distribution of stockroom items throughout the hospital, performing duties routinely, or as assigned by the Lead Clerk or Manager.
1. Inventories and replenishes stock for nursing units Criteria A: Utilizes established requisitions according to established procedures Inventories and replenishes stock for nursing units Criteria B: Maintains levels per requisition, in a neat and orderly fahion Inventories and replenishes stock for nursing units Criteria C: Anticipates level changes based on usage Inventories and replenishes stock for nursing units Criteria D: Communicates need for changes to requisition form
2. Responds to phone requests and submitted orders Criteria A: Documents all calls and issues with correct units Responds to phone requests and submitted orders Criteria B: Responds in a professional manner Responds to phone requests and submitted orders Criteria C: Ensure that deliveries are made in appropriate timeframes Responds to phone requests and submitted orders Criteria D: Submits documentation timely
3. Assists with inventory control Criteria A: Provides assistance when required, as directed Assists with inventory control Criteria B: Submits accurate documentation
4. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor Criteria A: Provides assisstance as directed, following defined procedures Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor Criteria B: Performs duties willingly and without complaint
5. Forklift operation and safety Criteria A: Has received annual training in the operation and safety of the electric fork lift Forklift operation and safety Criteria B: Operates Forklift according to standards as outlined in the departmental training program.
6. Achieves the organization’s established expectations regarding quality service and team work in support of customers and their service needs.
7. Picks up and delivers supplies, equipment, materials, mail, business and finance materials, banking requirements, specimens and other related items in accordance with a required schedule, work assignment methodology or assignment of responsibilities through management.
8 Ensures through actions or by communication to management the proper working order and responsibility for safe and compliant operation of hospital vehicles including but not limited to repairs, maintenance, cleanliness, tire replacement, registration, emissions, insurance, other related activities, etc.
9. Performs vehicle inspections to ensure safety.
10. Documents activities in accordance with management requirements.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: High School diploma, or equivalent preferred, possessing good basic math skills. At least 6 months working experience in a stock distribution type environment.
Valid CT or NY Driver’s License (with clean driving record)
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 8-4:30pm
Org Unit: 458
Department: Receiving And Stores
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Distribution Clerk
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 40898