Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 13736
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Facilities Lead Maintenance Mechanic will perform all duties as directed by department supervisor to ensure the buildings are maintained at the highest standards as required by the owner. Maintaining these set standards will require proficient use of direct professional customer/ client communication, professional inter office communication, a web based work order system, coordination and management of vendor services and performing building management and hands-on maintenance tasks related to acknowledged skill set. This person must be able to multi-task using smart phone, personal computer and as well as customized Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software to schedule and manage work, create reports and complete detailed summaries. Other duties may include scheduling or directing outside vendors, performing maintenance tasks such as responding to work requests, changing lights, landscaping, snow removal, client / customer facing electronic systems and repairing door hardware and other related duties.
1. Implement and manage a safe work environment for all who visit the site.
2. Be the a point of contact of all clients, customers, visitors and vendors
3. Processing work requests timely and completely
4. Verify all work is complete work in a professional, high quality manner
5. Able to perform diagnostics and repairs to all facilities related equipment both mechanical and electrical contained in the core and shell.
6. Able to perform more specialized tasks such as diagnosing issues with customer facing electronics, beds, nurse call and other patient related equipment
7. Able to perform building inspections focused on aesthetics, and then turn these lists into an action plan for the clients approval.
8. In certain situations will be required to create scopes of work to replace equipment that has passed the end of its useful life. This will include making suggestions for upgrades that will better service the client and their facility.
9. Able to work closely with subcontractors to scope, bid and manage work under the direction of the department supervisor.
10. Using email or similar methods create action plans, updates, follow ups or other communications to tenants’, vendors and client.
11. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
12. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
13. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 10 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated positive client interaction
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Abide by the corporate dress code requirements
· Clearly able to read, write and speak fluent English
· Able to use standard office software such as Outlook, Excel, Word
· Able to use Maintenance Management Software
· Able to use Building Automation software
· Able to pass background check to include clean driving record
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements: ·
• License in Electronics, HVAC Field and / or Boiler Operation- Preferred
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: DAY 7
Work Shift: M-F 7:00 - 15:30
Org Unit: 1005
Department: Plant Operations
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 42273