Care Coordination Assistant
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 9927
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
The Care Coordination Assistant works at the direction of the Clinical Care Coordinator and assists in facilitating discharges from the hospital to home or extended care facilities by coordinating various processes related to implementation of the discharge plan. This may include listing cases to nursing homes and home care agencies electronically, obtaining insurance pre- authorizations, confirming needed services, equipment, etc., transmitting referrals, arranging transportation, coordinating arrangements with patients, families, and the interdisciplinary team.
1. Collaborates with Care Coordination team members to prioritize and execute discharges for the day.
2. Assures thorough and accurate transmission of clinical information to post acute providers through the electronic referral software system.
3. Monitors message board in system and advises health care team, patient and family of the resources available to them.
4. Prepares/sends all required documentation to next level of care.
5. Issues Important Message for Medicare as requested.
6. Prepares/faxes electronic medical record for QIO appeals.
7. Assures that all requests from all referral sources (Stream Fax, telephone , etc) for clinical information are conveyed to the responsible Care Coordinator timely via the EMR to avoid adverse determinations and notifies same of all actual/potential denied days.
8. Informs physicians, patients, families and other members of the health care team of discharge arrangements (time, transport mode, etc).
9. Updates community partners with any changes in discharge plan.
10. Documents final discharge plan as well as any important updates pertinent to the care plan in the electronic medical record, proof reads documents for errors and content, and assures Care Coordinator co-signs the notation.
11. Manages mail from carriers and triages to correct department member.
12. Manages equipment closet to maintain PAR levels of equipment.
13. Maintains the integrity of the electronic referral system through completing documentation requirements, acknowledging/answering messages and discharging case when complete.
14. Manages the department telephone lines to assure that customers receive verification that their calls have been received.
15. Assists director when requested with procuring information for audits or performing special projects for the team.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Requires a minimum high school diploma (some college preferred) and a minimum of two years experience in
an acute care hospital or equivalent. Flexible, resourceful and creative in problem solving with ability to prioritize. Requires a high degree of prioritization skills. Act independently and offer suggestions and new ideas for improving performance and operations. Proofread and check documents for errors as well as the ability to use a keyboard to enter, retrieve,
and transform data. Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, families and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Minimum Experience: three years
Desired: Ability to work with spreadsheets a plus.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 9:00am-5:30pm
Org Unit: 152
Department: Care Coordination-DH
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Care Coordination Assistant
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42460