Clinical Care Coordinator-Unit
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 9925
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
The Clinical Care Coordinator - Unit is responsible for providing direction and leadership to the clinical team regarding the patient level of care and discharge transition plan. Acts as principal liaison between emergency services, surgical services, nursing, finance, physicians, utilization review and medical records to ensure appropriate status is assigned. Assures patient progression of care is efficient and transition plans are executed to the appropriate level within the care continuum. Provides clinically based concurrent review of the medical record to assess and procure accurate and complete documentation of the patients' diagnoses and procedures. Ensures documentation accurately reflects quality of care, severity of illness and risk of
mortality to support correct coding, reimbursement, and quality initiatives.
1. Coordinates and directs level of care appropriateness from admission and continuing throughout the entire stay. Uses discretion and independent judgment in applying appropriate initial screening criteria standards as well as maintaining compliance with payer regulations.
2. Prioritizes/delegates daily functions to assure completion of all required tasks.coordinating ambulance and DME.
3. Completes planning using high risk admission data and discharge criteria. Anticipates medical /psychosocial needs in high risk patients, e.g. chronic diagnoses, top ten DRGs, patients frequently accessing care, etc. Screens new patients daily and collaborates with Social Worker to manage elements of case. Collaborates with Care Coordination assistants to meet the administrative needs of the team, i.e. faxing information to 3rd party payers, coordinating ambulance and DME.
4. Manages level of care status throughout stay by performing continued stay reviews, removing barriers to
progression of care and revising transition plans as needed.
5. Ensures all appropriate regulatory documents are provided to the patient (MOON, CT notice, IMM, HINN, ABN).
6. Ensures the completion of a discharge needs assessment as well as formulation of a plan on all admissions using appropriate resources (CARL tool for bundled payment cases, Navihealth,etc).
7. Acts as a clinical role model to the healthcare team.
8. Leads and facilitates Multidisciplinary rounds to proactively progress the patient’s plan of care and discharge.
9. Addresses readmission prevention strategies and LOS concerns.
10. Queries members of the Health Care team to obtain accurate and complete documentation to ensure appropriate clinical documentation to support level of care.
11. Coordinates/collaborates to assure the implementation of all discharge plans.
12. Meets and acts on cases not meeting admission criteria and refers to physician advisors all cases requiring immediate review and / or discussion.
13. Proactively interacts with third party payers to prevent denials.
14. Acts as liaison between patient, physician, family, and health care team regarding plan of care and progress towards goals.
15. Provides education to physicians, nurses, and other members of the healthcare team.
16. Provides a concise hand-off to colleagues daily.
17. Tracks/trends variance data and elevates concerns/findings to management.
18. Complies with all standards and policies regarding safety / patient safety initiatives.
19. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: This position requires a minimum formal education of Associate Degree in Nursing and minimum of three years job-related experience. Registered Nurse license State of CT with minimum of one year as an acute Care Coordinator. Knowledge and expertise with use of electronic medical record and use of both Interqual and Milliman screening criteria. Excellent collaborator and team member who is able to work closely with physicians and all members of the health care team to procure the right level of care, correct order for hospitalization, optimal plan of care , and facilitation of services. Knowledge and expertise in both CMS and insurance industry standards as well as guidelines pertaining to appropriate coverage notifications. Ability to be flexible, resourceful and creative in problem solving. Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Minimum Experience: three years
Desired: Certification in Case Management preferred or willing to obtain. Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 8:30am-5:00pm
Org Unit: 152
Department: Care Coordination-DH
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Level Degree
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Care Coordinator-Unit
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42480