CT Scan Technician
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 7521
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Performs diagnostic testing and operates CT Scan equipment to expedite an immediate diagnosis and deliver the best possible care to all patients.
1. Greets patients at reception desk.
2. Gives patient consent and questionnaire forms.
3. Answers any patient questions.
4. If indicated, injects patient with contrast agent.
5. Program information into computer, if indicated go back into room start injection.
6. Performs daily quality assurance check.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: one year
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Schedule: Rotating 8
Work Shift: The technologist will be working rotational shifts, weekends, holidays as needed. .
Org Unit: 187
Department: CT Scan
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Specialty Cert
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: CT Scan Technician
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42491