Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 8985
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Performs high quality diagnostic and accurate MRI procedures to help physicians in the care of their patients.
1. Provides optimum patient care.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and technical expertise to safely & correctly operate MRI equipment.
3. Performs and records # for daily QA.
4. Develops skills to practice in a safe, clinical environment.
5. Develops skills in Contrast Administration.
6. Demonstrates self direction and utilizes problem solving techniques.
7. Cross trained in another modality.
8. Maintains technical competency in the following less frequent order procedure (2 or more years experience).
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: 3 years experience in MRI; background in ultrasound or CT scan.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.00
Work Schedule: Rotating 8
Work Shift: staff member will work rotational hours, shifts, weekends as needed
Org Unit: 194
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: MRI Technologist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42502