Patient Care Technician 1
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 13044
ATTENTION PATIENT CARE TECHNICIANS (PCT)! Danbury Hospital is growing and seeking to build its PCT team. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and some job related experience. The PCT must obtain BLS/CPR within 90 days of start date or completion of orientation process, an active CNA certification is preferred. This role is a PART TIME (24 hours) role with great benefits and offers competitive rates, a good team environment and excellent learning experience in healthcare. Shifts are rotating, 8 hours and candidates must be available 7AM - 3:30 PM, 3PM - 11:30PM, 11PM - 7:30 AM. If you are qualified, please email Christine Petti a current resume for immediate consideration.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager.
1. Provides physical care to assigned patients and performs technical skills such as point of care (POC) testing.
2. Implements nursing orders promptly and adequately with an understanding of the purpose of each.
3. Follows policy and procedure for assigned patient care activities, including unit specific equipment &
4. Provides patient comfort by positioning, extra bathing, straightening linens, putting personal articles within
reach with courtesy and responsiveness.
5. Provides for patient safety through preventative measures (i.e. side rails, restraints, bed/chair exit alarm, and
6. Enters all data into the computer system as applicable.
7. Communicates all patient and visitor information & observations to the appropriate person.
8. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of
the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Reports and/or records any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patient; reports all unusual
conditions or reactions to the nurse in charge.
10. Recognizes and responds to priorities in the patient care process. Responds to priorities promptly; exercises
good judgement in setting priorities for activities.
11. Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients, and significant others.
12. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment & a clean, well stocked work area. Assists with maintaining
13. Works as a Safety Attendant/Patient Sitter by providing a safe environment to specific patients. Follows
WCHN standards of service excellence.
14. Attends staff meetings. Reads/signs 100% of meeting minutes.
15. Maintains competency for Basic Life Support certification.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of zero to six months
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in a hospital environment is preferred but not required.
Active CNA certification is preferred. BLS/CPR required within 90 days of start date or upon completion of
orientation process (before being released from orientation and functioning independently) whichever comes first.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Eve/Night 12
Work Shift: 7PM - 7:30AM
Org Unit: 169
Department: Progressive Care
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Care Technician 1
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42545