Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 13270
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Assists the Emergency Department team by providing quality patient care, working under the direction and supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse. Prepares patients for exam, maintains communication with RN's and ED Providers regarding patient status changes, transports patients to testing and other units, performs and documents phlebotomy, EKGs, blood sugars, bladder scans and other care as directed and within the scope of certifications and training, ensures patient satisfaction by providing constant communications with patients and their families, ensures treatment areas are appropriately stocked and equipment is available and in proper working order, works proactively with other team members to maintain department through-put.
1. Assists in the preparation of the treatment area, which includes the checking and maintaining of stock and supplies in their assigned areas.
2. Prepares patients for exam- undresses patient, positions for comfort, adheres to appropriate monitoring devices, assures appropriate supplies.
3. Performs various tasks including but not limited to vital signs, I&Os,EKG's, Bladder Scans, Blood Glucose, Phlebotomy, sizing and use of Durable Medical Equipment etc
4. Works within a variety of care settings within the ED working collaboratively with the RN and providers in those areas as an integral member of the team in the pod or area such as triage
5. Participates as an active member with specific roles within the ED team in the care of the complex patient ( trauma, cardiac arrest etc.). Placing patients on monitors, set up of the fluid warmer, pleurovac
6. Performs hourly rounding and maintains regular communications with patients and their family members
7. Maintains ongoing communications with team members regarding patient status, to proactively manage care and manage any issues
8. Documents task completion and patient care interactions.
9. Transports patients to testing and in-patient units.
10. Completes mandatory continuing education.
11. Attends staff meetings.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Current EMT,or Medical Assistant certification, or Nursing student, or 1 year prior ED experience. CPR certification required.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Phlebotomy, EKG Training, Direct Patient Care Skills
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Work Schedule: Day/Night 8 & 12
Work Shift: 8 & 12 hour shifts between 11a-11p
Org Unit: 119
Department: Emergency Department
* Emergency Medical Technician
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: E/PC Technician
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 42553