Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 14587
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Purpose: The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer functions as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer activities are performed consistent with their education and training, and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and applicable professional standards.
Population served based on scope of services in the department.
1. Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
2. Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the sonographic examination
3. Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
4. Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures. Identify and document any limitations to the sonography examination.
5. Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer
6. Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and prepare the preliminary findings.
7. Provide preliminary report of sonography examinations for use by the interpreting physician.
8. Assist with the daily operation of the sonography department.
9. Operate FUJI (PACS) and Cerner Millennium.
10. Assist with the education and training of sonography students and physician residents.
11. Obtain additional credentialing as required by regulatory agencies.
12. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
13. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
14. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduate of Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)Diagnostic Medical Sonography School
PREFER: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Basic Computer skills, experience with RIS systems and PACs
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements (Certification requirements are based on location):
Location VBMC and DRA a division of VBMC –
o American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) - registered in Vascular OR obtain within six (6) months of date of hire
o American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) - registered in either Abdomen or OB/GYN ·
Location Perinatology Office - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)- registered in OB/GYN
Location Dyson Breast Imaging Center - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)- registered in Breast
Location: Poughkeepsie-1 Columbia Street-1st Floor
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Day shift 930-6, Saturday 730-4, rotating holidays
Org Unit: 1371
Department: Radiology One Col
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 44012