Surgical Specialty Coordinator
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 14543
***Sign-on Bonus $15,000***
Educates, trains and mentors members in the OR specialty area. Collaborates with Surgical Services leadership to create to facilitate and integrate delivery of best practices and evidence-based knowledge for the service(s).
Salary Range: depending on years of relevant experience
1. Collaborates with physicians to promote specialty development, cost effective care, and overall service growth plans. Identifies, plans, assists in the implementation and evaluation of performance improvement strategies.
2. Communicates with scheduling, sterile processing, materials management and OR leadership to determine needs for scheduled procedures. Manages supply costs, develops custom packs and trays, manages equipment and standardizes to control inventory. Assesses specialty needs for capital budget.
3. Supervises the work of others and provides direction on the care to surgical patients w/attention to the (specialty) patient population by educating team members, providing input into performance evaluations, disciplinary action and participating in hiring process of team members.
4. Accountable for the daily coordination of patient flow and care delivery, critical thinking and delegating appropriate work work to improve the specialty care.
5. Serves as a subject matter expert for the interpretation and implementation of policies, procedures, practice and regulatory standards related to promoting a culture of safety and a healing environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
6. Acting as a Care Delivery clinical resource, maintains and demonstrates an appropriate degree of expertise and proficiency utilizing independent judgement for managing and solving problems related to the specialty service line.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- RN - 2 years of OR experience
- 34 Days of PTO
- Nuvance Health 401k Plan has 100% match up to 6%
- Nuvance Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision coverage begins the first day of the month following your date of hire.)
Desired: Supervisory/charge experience preferred. CNOR preferred.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Monday- Friday 7am-330pm variable shifts
Department: OR Support
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Surgical Specialty Coordinator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 44305