Patient Care Technician 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 14806
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager. Maintains all aspects of Nursing Assistant. Demonstrates competency as unit coordinator/secretary, provides clerical support, coordinates general unit activity and communicates clearly with all disciplines. Acts as preceptor as appropriate.
1. Performs all functions of the Level 1 Patient Care Technician. Floats where required in order to maintain
high quality patient care.
2. Implements the nursing orders promptly and adequately with understanding of the purpose of each order as it relates to the patient's plan of care.
3. Performs unit-related activities and/or clerical duties necessary to assist the nursing staff.
4. Demonstrates competency in at least one additional function such as; monitor tech, video monitor tech, unit coordinator, transfer mobility coach. Acts as preceptor as appropriate.
5. Orders and maintains necessary supplies and equipment for the unit. Ensures equipment is readily available and in working order.
6. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and patient records.
7. Coaches new staff in service excellence standards.
8. Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients and significant others.
9. Works as a Safety Attendant by providing a safe environment to specific patients.
10. Appropriately uses all communication technology.
11. Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
12. Follows WCHN standards of service excellence.
13. Maintains 6 hours of continuing education annually.
14. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of one year job-
One year of job related experience in Network. Current PEP rating at meets expectations or better. Must maintain skills and competencies necessary for the position.
Certified Nursing Assistant Preferred. Must maintain competency for Basic Life Support.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 7am-3:30pm including every other weekend Saturday / Sunday
Org Unit: 168
Department: General Medicine 2
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
* Some occupational risk
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Care Technician 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 44674