Health Information Associate
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 14948
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provide professional customer service and exhibits exceptional communication skills. Coordinates medical records and interacts with internal and external customers to deliver requests following HIPPA and confidentiality guidelines. Ability to process requests and maintain equipment functions.
1. Answer high volume or calls with respect, confidentiality, courtesy, honesty, compassion and in a timely manner.
2. Responds to request of Medical records and/or Legal request, process reports and images for outside facilities and personal requests in a timely fashion. Manage DRA tools daily work queue for outgoing CDs and reports.
3. Accepts delivery of and processes all hard copy medical records, including tracking of medical records, assigning to appropriate locations.
4. Initiate records for new patients and create computer index for outside facility images.
5. Responds to all add on the fly report requests for new referring physicians and following up by faxing reports to referring and copy to referring providers.
6. Maintains the authentication of the referring provider process in Cerner, builds new providers, phones and fax stations. Responsible for keeping all information in the provider tools accurate and operational.
7. Monitors Cerner RRD fax distribution queue ensuring all patient imaging reports are faxed as requested by referring providers. Troubleshoots and repairs distribution of fax issues.
8. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
9. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Two (2+) or more years of medical office experience
· Prior experience with physician scheduling and familiar with insurance company guidelines.
· PREFER: One year of college or specialized post-high school training in medical terminology and medical office procedures
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast – paced environment.
· Ability to handle diverse patients and utilize good listening skills when working under pressure.
· Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills to participate in multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirement: NA
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: MON - FRI 8AM - 12
Org Unit: 874
Department: Health Information Management
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Health Information Associate
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 45016