Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 14628
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Purpose: The Telecommunications Attendant will provide all customers with caring and personalized service when responding to all in-coming and out-going calls and messages. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and medical center personnel as defined in the philosophy of Health-Quest and its Affiliates. Telecommunications Attendants works to create a helpful, positive first impression of the organization, and to maintain an appropriate environment.
1. Operates multi-position console and other communication systems to process calls and ensures accurate and timely hospital communications are facilitated.
2. Represents the hospital in a positive manner by displaying a caring and courteous attitude to all persons.
3. Answer all calls in a prompt and professional manner, exhibiting proper customer service skills at all times, using the approved greeting “Good morning (afternoon/evening) Northern Dutchess Hospital / Sharon Hospital. This is (name) How may I help you?”
4. Handles emergency procedures in a calm and timely manner. Uses the paging and announcement systems appropriately. Demonstrate high sense of urgency when communicating with departments and physicians. Answer emergency code calls within 2 rings.
5. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and guests.
6. Direct calls to the correct department and individual. Utilize the provided web-based system when directing calls to a patient room.
7. Ensures department logs are up to date and accurate.
8. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
9. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· Minimum of 12 months of direct customer service experience.
· Prefer: General knowledge of a telecommunications switchboard or call center experience
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: Variable 8 hr shifts between 7a- 11p including every other weekend
Org Unit: 1795
Department: Information Security
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Telecommunications Attendant
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 45020