Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 14995
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the delivery of direct and indirect patient care in a team model under the direction of an RN. This position will assist with the treatment, primarily of lower acuity patients, in triage, and in other areas. Primarily focused on general ADL's, treatment, medicating, intravenous access and other clinical components.
1. Provides direct patient care within the LPN scope of practice and the established model of nursing- 40%
2. Documents within the EMR under the supervision of the RN. Includes vital signs, wound care, medication administration, patient observations, and patient admission to the unit.-15%
3. Collaborates with the registered nurse and other members of the healthcare team to facilitate a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient-15%
4. Verifies, prepares and administers medication using safe practices to assigned patients-10%
5. Performs standard diagnostic procedures including EKG, phlebotomy, bladder scans and glucoscans etc. as necessary. Collects urinary specimens.-5%
6. Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care for patients.- 5%
7. Utilizes HRO principles within the scope of daily work Incorporates the mission and values of Nuvance Health into daily work. Utilizes the Relationship Model of Care to support a positive patient experience with a focus on communication, empathy and understanding Participates in interdisciplinary conferences- 2%
8. Participates in team building activities that contribute to patient care, staff education and self development-2%
9. Maintains clinical competency to support evidence based care- 2%
10. Attends all mandatory and continuing educational classes-2%
11. Attends staff and departmental meetings as needed- 1%
12. maintains current licensing and certification requirements- 1%
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Licensed Practical Nurse
Basic Life Support certification
Minimum of 1-2 years of recent nursing experience
Acute care nursing experience preferred
Advanced Care Life Support preferred
Pediatric Advanced Care Life Support preferred
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Eve/Night 8
Work Shift: 4p-12a
Org Unit: 972
Department: Emergency Department
* Some occupational risk
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: LPN
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 45052