Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 14822
This position performs duties directly on a nursing unit or remotely in a central unit and is responsible for the continuous monitoring, interpretation, communication, and documentation of cardiac rhythms and rhythm components.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac rhythm interpretation by meeting requirements of a 4 hour class, accompanying exam, and 40 hours of h&s on training with a qualified monitor tech.
- monitors and reviews patient information to determine baseline cardiac rhythm & prior variances.
- Demonstrates competency in telemetry lead placement for accurate cardiac rhythm analysis.
- Notifies nursing staff when leads are off patient or of incorrect lead placement. Assists staff with patient skin preparation and correct lead placement as necessary.
- Notifies Registered Nurse of cardiac rhythm or rhythm component changes, and cardiac rhythm variances that indicate myocardial ischemia or acute myocardial infarction. If primary RN isn't available, escalates using appropriate chain of command.
Requirements: HS Diploma
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Shift: Evenings 3p-11p - Part Time
Pay Range: $18/hr - $22/hr + Shift differential
EOE, including disability/vets.
Community / Marketing Title: Monitor Technician
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 45213