Respiratory Therapist 3
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 13528
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides high-quality care in a cost effective and timely manner to patients throughout the continuum. Performs critical and lab assessments of the cardiopulmonary patients and is available to work across the WCHN Network. Recommends, modifies, and administers oxygen therapy, pharmacological agents, bronchial hygiene, airway, and ventilator care. Respiratory Therapist 3 is a Registered Therapist.
1. Manages the Ventilator/Rounding protocol. Helps MD to assess cardiopulmonary status. Strives to reduce length of patient's stay on ventilator and in Intensive Care Unit.
2. Makes assessment of patient's cardiopulmonary compromise. Treats hypoxia/bronchospasm with proper modality, such as O2/Bronchodilators.
3. Draws arterial blood gases. Analyzes and makes recommendations for therapy or change in therapy.
4. Performs non -invasive mask ventilation (BIPAP/CPAP).
5. Manages the neonate and surgical patients on ventilators.
6. Educates patients on state of disease as well as change to home regime in order to reduce re-admission.
7. Educates surgical patients.
8. Responds to trauma alerts, code green, code 33 and code blue; attends to & stabilizes patients.
9. Transports ventilator patients.
10. Enters charges and changes for each patient served into computer. Documents per department standards.
11. Attends mandatory inservices & department meetings per PEP standards.
12. Assists in the orientation and education of new staff.
13. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Advanced level. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). CPR - Healthcare Provider. Ventilator management skills for Adults and NICU.
Minimum Experience: one year
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 12.00
Work Schedule: Day/Night 12
Work Shift: the shift can start and end anytime in a 24 hr. period. Usual start time 6:45am, 10:45am, 2:45pm, 6:45pm or 10:45pm
Org Unit: 138
Department: Pulmonary Medicine
* National Board for Respiratory Care
* Respiratory Care Practitioner
* Associate's Level Degree
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
* Significant occupational risk
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Respiratory Therapist 3
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 45446