Physical Therapist 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 14279
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Physical Therapists provide services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain. Evaluates and analyzes patients and therapeutic application, physical and chemical agents, exercise, instruction to patient/family and other procedures to maximize functional independence. Clinical responsibilities may include treatment of pediatric, adults and mature adults. May treat in any of the following locations; in-patient, out-patient and pediatrics.
1. Performs physical therapy evaluations. Demonstrates technical skill and accuracy in performing evaluations.
2. Performs physical therapy treatment planning and implementation. Utilizes appropriate interventions, procedures & equipment as defined by specialty area.
3. Provides patient/family education and training.
4. Provides peer review and participates in performance improvement activities.
5. Documentation is completed based on department guidelines.
6. Initiates discharge planning.
7. Continuing education: attends 20 hours per year, provides two hours of inservice education to staff per year.
8. Provides full time clinical experience to student.
9. Acts as mentor to lower level staff.
10. Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding and evaluating assistive personnel.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Must have experience working with patients with neurological conditions.
Minimum Experience: Bachelor’s degree and minimum one year of experience.
Desired: Functional Independent Measurement (FIM) certification in inpatient rehab settings. CPR certification.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day 8 & 10
Work Shift: 5 days per week, Mon-Fri, 8 to 10 hrs between 7am to 5pm. Needs weekends rotation.
Org Unit: 183
Department: I/P Physical Medicine
* Physical Therapist
* Bachelor's Level Degree
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapist 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 45495