Patient Care Ambassador
Location: Rhinebeck, New York US
Requisition Number: 15457
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Act as a liaison among patients, family members, visitors and staff in the Emergency Department (ED), with the aim of enhancing the personal service experienced by patients, family members and visitors while enabling ED staff to concentrate on direct patient care. Works with the ED Director to monitor patient, family and visitor satisfaction in the ED.
This person should be comfortable in a fast paced, at times stressful environment. Empathy, compassion, de-escalation during emotional stress for patients and families and possess basic customer service skills.
1. Makes contact with patients, family members and visitors in the ED waiting area, explaining policies and procedures as needed and directing patients to treatment areas when needed.
2. Makes periodic rounds of waiting areas and exam rooms relaying information among patients, family members, and visitors in collaborating with the ED staff.
3. Explains to patients, family members and visitors why visitation may be restricted to two family members at a time during flu season for example.
4. Responds to patient, family member and visitor requests or problems with direct action or referral to the appropriate department or person.
5. Works closely with the ED and registration staff to help maintain smooth patient flow and open communication among all concerned.
6. Makes necessary calls to families and ministers, etc. for patient when requested.
7. Assists in comforting those families who have experienced the death of a family member and assists with other necessary arrangements.
8. Assists with diversional activity for children by providing coloring books and crayons, Teddy Bears and assisting parents as needed while maintaining a safe environment.
9. Maintains knowledge of current ED services and hospital policies regarding patient registration, treatment, admission, discharge, visitation, information release, parking, etc.
10.Additional Responsibilities: Unit Support Measures a. Make arrangements for families regarding temporary housing b. Assist patients/families with transportation arrangements when necessary (taxi, bus, car rental) c. Assist in obtaining wheelchairs and stretchers for ED.
Location: Rhinebeck-NDH 6511 Springbrook Avenue
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 37.50
Work Shift: 1100-2100
Org Unit: 1092
Department: PT Relations Programs
Compensation: Based on experience, shift differentials are offered when applicable
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Care Ambassador
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rhinebeck, New York US
Job Number: 46037