Location: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 15366
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Answers and routes incoming calls to the hospital's main number, emergency lines and patient information lines. Demonstrates service excellence by providing accurate information regarding the Hospital, its patients and staff while ensuring adherence to all Hospital policies and procedures, especially those regarding privacy and confidentiality. Assist in maintaining up-to-date computerized databases and on-call schedules in a timely fashion. Exhibits strong customer service and telephone skills.
1. Answers main number and patient information calls in a timely fashion, exhibiting strong customer service skill resulting in service excellence for the caller.
2. Implements code protocols accurately as it is written in the department Policy
And Procedure Manual. Demonstrates clear understanding, knowledge and proficiency in handling emergencies. Responsible for carrying out proper activation procedures using computerized phone and paging systems for life safety codes that occur in either Network location.
3. Maintains up-to-date databases and on-call schedules in order to provide requested information accurately and efficiently.
4. Demonstrates a courteous and friendly manner when assisting callers adhering to the Hospital's policies regarding professionalism and respect. Maintains composure when faced with difficult or stressful situations.
5.Document and maintain code logs in Excel spreadsheets.
6. Participates in establishment and achievement of department goals
7. Demonstrates willingness to assist co-workers and/or to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department's efficiency as observed by the supervisor.
8. Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with supervisor, coworkers and the customers.
9. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
10. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
11. Performs other duties as required.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: HS Graduate or Equivalent with a minimum of 6 months job related experience. Data entry. Strong telephone and customer service skills. Ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
Desired: MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook skills. Telephone switchboard experience. Maintain regular consistent attendance, personal appearance, punctuality and adherence to applicable health and safety procedures. Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with Supervisor, coworkers and the customers.
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: 20 HOUR POSITION. 4 to 8 hour shifts from 7am-11:30pm
Org Unit: 445
Department: Telephone Operators
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Little or no manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Hospital Operator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwalk, Connecticut US
Job Number: 46071