Environmental Technician 1
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 9957-1
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Maintains the cleanliness of patient and hospital facilities for the best and safest health care at the hospital. Maintains a safer and clean environment in a cost-effective.
1. Cleans patient rooms, hallways, operating rooms, clinical and non-clinical areas.
2. Removes trash and cardboard from the Hospital to compactors.
3. Removes bio hazardous materials using proper handling, transport, and storage techniques to appropriate containers.
4. Cleans patient and family waiting areas.
5. Distributes linens to patient wings and removes dirty linens at New Milford Hospital only.
6. Sets up rooms for meetings when assigned.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED. 0-3 months of job related experience preferred.
Understand and speak conversational English to comprehend basic direction from supervisor or nursing staff.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 16.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: 7am - 11:30pm, including weekends and holidays
Org Unit: 248
Department: Environmental Services
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Technician 1
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 46153