Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 15440
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
SUMMARY: Provides the designated hospital departments with linen according to Hospital and Department procedures and maintains appropriate records for linen usage of all areas of the hospital. Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled by Linen Supervisor and/or Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
1. Delivers all carts with appropriate linen using prescribed methods as scheduled or assigned. Empties soiled utility as needed.
2. Promotes a safe and efficient environment by adhering to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
3. Teamwork: Assists with the continuity of linen delivery through harmonious working relationships with other staff members.
4. Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, therapeutic and cost effective manner.
5. Guest Relations: Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and medical center personnel as defined in the philosophy of Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Education: Requires the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to calculate simple math.
Experience: No experience required. Three to six months required for learning period
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: EVENING 6
Work Shift: 2pm - 9pm EOW EOH
Org Unit: 1086
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Linen Aide
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 47212