Enviornmental Service Worker
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 13809
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Cleans and maintains all areas of the hospital as assigned and in accordance with all regulatory requirements and hospital and departmental procedures to maintain a safe and sanitary hospital environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
1. Cleans and sanitizes, as assigned, occupied patient rooms using proper germicidal disinfectant and cleaning techniques in support of providing efficient patient care.
2. Cleans and sanitizes, as assigned, unoccupied patient rooms using germicidal disinfectant in support of providing efficient patient care.
3. Cleans and disinfects, as assigned, discharged patient rooms using germicidal disinfectant and according to discharge terminal cleaning procedures in preparation for new admissions.
4. Cleans and disinfects, as assigned, occupied/unoccupied isolation precaution rooms using prescribed germicidal disinfectant
5. Maintains all department and hospital equipment and supplies in a clean and safe manner in order to meet regulatory agency requirements.
6. Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to hospital and department policies and procedures.
7. Guest Relations: Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and hospital personnel as defined in the philosophy of Vassar Brothers Hospital.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions. After training, must be able to demonstrate correct use of chemicals, supplies and tools needed to accomplish tasks.
None, however, some knowledge of health care facility cleaning preferred.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening 8
Work Shift: 3:00 - 11:30 p.m. EOW and EOH
Org Unit: 1007
Department: Environmental Services
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Enviornmental Service Worker
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 47222