Patient Services Transporter 1
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 15843
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Brings patients to and from their designated testing centers, delivers equipment to the nursing floors, and removes/delivers blood products or sterile supplies.
1. Transports designated in-patients and out-patients.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe and orderly work environment.
3. Participates in setting and attaining department goals.
4. Maintains confidentiality of all aspects of patients and their families at all times.
5. Utilizes communication skills effectively with patients, families, visitors, medical staff and hospital personnel.
6. Keeps current regarding job related duties through required inservice education and staff meetings.
7. Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all health care staff, patients & significant others.
8. Assertively seeks guidance and direction as needed.
9. Provides coverage for Code 99's.
10. Serves as dispatcher as needed.
11. Applies basic trapeze set ups and retrieves equipment for other traction sets.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Required: Must understand and speak conversational English and possess listening and comprehension skills. Must be able to work with young, elderly, sick and physically challenged people.
Minimum Experience: six months
Desired: Bilingual desired.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Rotating 8
Work Shift: Variable 8 hour shifts
Org Unit: 242
Department: Patient Transport
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Some occupational risk
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Services Transporter 1
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 47235