Outcomes Data Coordinator
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 15742
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Responsibilities Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the hospital’s safety & occurrence reporting system (MIDAS), ensuring that occurrence reports are reviewed by the appropriate personnel and follow-up action has been taken to improve patient care and safety. Supports the hospital’s daily safety huddle by preparing safety reports spreadsheets for review and escalating serious safety concerns to the attention of leadership. Provide monthly analysis of occurrence reports and develops improvement plans and leads efforts to address high priority areas needing focused efforts to improve quality and safety. Also responsible for coordinating quality performance reports for the medical staff and maintaining their quality files. Coordinates with other department as needed on improve patient outcomes, safety, operational efficiencies, cost containment, and regulatory readiness.
1.Provides data entry/retrieval into the quality systems software including MIDAS, CERNER, and VIZIENT.
2.Monitors Patient Safety Data Reporting
3. Safety/Occurrence Reporting System Superuser
4.Coordinates/ Manages the Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) for all members of the medical staff and allied health care practitioners.
5. Supports the Medical Staff Office with the Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) for new/focused practice for members of the medical staff and allied health care practitioners.
6. Ensures the accurate collection, data entry and timely reporting of performance measures to external agencies and for public report cards.
7. Organizes and prepares data for analysis and presentation for various audiences.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
· MS Excel, PowerPoint, Presentation skills, data analysis and reporting. · Must be able to become proficient in EMR (Cerner) chart review · Skilled in strong, effective communication, statistical interpretation, and development of positive/productive working relationships with physicians, nurses, leaders and other colleagues> Essential: * Significant manual skills / motor coordination & finger dexterity * Little or no potential for occupational risk * Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force * Generally pleasant working conditions.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Org Unit: 1099
Department: Quality Improvement
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Outcomes Data Coordinator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 47391