Lead CT Technologist
Location: Carmel, New York US
Requisition Number: 11841
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Computed Tomography (CT) Lead works with radiology department leadership to improve operational efficiency within the CT department. Demonstrates mastery of all CT competencies, for all age groups served by the department, and serves as a resource for CT Technologists.
The CT Lead promotes customer service improvement initiatives and build s a culture around excellence. Acts as a liaison to other departments within the facility, promotes and contributes positively to intra-departmental and inter-departmental relations. Ensures communication is maintained with all levels of staffing in all departments.
The CT Lead may be removed from staffing assignments to perform assigned duties as necessary and may be assigned to work in a variety of CT imaging locations to assist CT Technologists and X-Ray Technologists with their duties.
1. Coordinates the operational and technical function for the CT Department, schedules and triages procedures based on priority level and skills needed. Assists operations manager with scheduling of staff assignments, by prioritizing tasks and duties of staff in the department and coordinates relief coverage.
2. Coordinates and participates in the training of new employees and staff by performing new employee orientation and training, annual competencies, and providing feedback to the operations manager regarding staff performance.
3. Contacts appropriate service provider for repair and/or replacement for all equipment.
4. Complies with all Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations(JCAHO) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) regulatory requirements and assists in obtaining and maintaining ACR accreditations.
5. Works with Physicist to develop, maintain and audit the department’s QA/QC program. Assures physicist testing is completed in a timely manner and physicist reports are reviewed and signed off.
6. Works with Radiologist to develop and maintain the department’s imaging protocols. Updates protocols on CT scanners, disseminates protocol changes to staff, provides education and monitors technical performance. Identifies any inaccuracies or instances of non-compliancetoManager.
7. Encourages observance of radiation safety and infection control protocols. Monitors and manages NexoDose monitoring system, ensures infection control and sterile technique practices are in compliance. i.e. Landauer badges are being worn, replaced and reviewed appropriately. Lead a pronsaretagged, surveyed and stored in accordance with protocol. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn and disposed of in accordance with hospital policy.
8. Monitors Nexo injection reporting software. Provides education, and monitors technical performance, as necessary. Identifies any inaccuracies or instances of non-compliance to Manager.
9. Monitors supplies and equipment inventories. Provides suggestions and recommendations regarding supply and capital equipment acquisition. Identifies cost savings and works to ensure that technical operations stay within the targeted budget.
10. Coordinates the reconciliation of patient charges.
11. Works with physicians to research and implement new imaging techniques/services and ensures associated supplies are successfully built in Cerner for charge capture.
12. Participates in process improvement initiatives related to department, assists with data collection and analysis, performs audits and provides follow up education, as needed.
13. Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Values.
14. Demonstrates regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
15. Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of a School of Radiologic Technology
Five (5) years clinical experience in CT
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Provides expertise in decision making, problem solving, conflict resolution, and section operations.
Ability to effectively motivate and lead others.
Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meets objectives and deadlines.
Effective oral and written professional communications skills.
Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors at all times.
Telephone manners and skills to handle all telephone calls with courtesy and tact.
Excellent skill in performing under stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
American College of Radiology (ARRT) CT certification
Valid New York State(NYS)Radiological License
New York State (NYS) Injection License Basic Life support (BLS) Certification
Location: Carmel-PHC 670 Stoneleigh Avenue
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: DAY 1
Work Shift: M-F 830-5p
Org Unit: 1351
Department: CT Scan
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
* Some occupational risk
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Lead CT Technologist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carmel, New York US
Job Number: 47748