Central Sterile Processing AId
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 16007
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
SUMMARY: Performs all duties necessary to support the process of decontamination and distribution of supplies and equipment in an efficient and safe manner, for optimum patient care according to Departmental/Infection Control Policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
1. Issue, deliver, retrieve and accurately fills orders for all supplies/equipment need to maintain efficient support of optimum patient care and maintain accurate inventories.
2. Disposes properly and efficiently decontaminates all patient care equipment.
3. Maintains and insures disinfection of patient care equipment is processed by the use of high level disinfection of mobile medical equipment.
4. Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, therapeutic and cost effective manner.
5. Performs specific non-patient tasks.
6. Guest Relations: Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, family members, visitors and medical center personnel as defined in the philosophy of Vassar Brothers Medical Center
7. Teamwork and Dependability.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Practically no experience required.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: 7am-3:30pm mon-fri
Org Unit: 1472
Department: Sterile Processing
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Central Sterile Processing AId
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 48087