Oncology Office Coordinator
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 15281
Title: Oncology Office Coordinator - Outpatient Infusion Center- Poughkeepsie, NY - 40 hours per week, 8 hour shifts 7:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday FLEX
Summary: Assumes the responsibility for the day-to-day clerical support of staff including the coordination of all daily clinical activities with regard to filing, medical record assembly, charges and scheduling along with other clerical activities as needed for the treatment of all patients
1. Coordinates patient services according to department procedures. Maintains continuing knowledge of all department procedures to ensure scheduling and coordination of procedures within the department and with other departments in the Medical Center are accomplished in an efficient manner.
2. Assumes responsibility for reception area of the department to ensure patients are served in a welcoming and professional manner.
3. Performs duties necessary to appropriately request, obtain and file required records to expedite patient care.
4. Integrates self into the department's organizational structure and actively participates in department's daily activities to ensure timely delivery of appropriate and high quality services.
5. Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to hospital and department policies and procedures.
6. Assumes responsibility for the Dyson Medical Record Room to ensure that the room is neat, orderly and compliant with department policies and procedures..
7. Reviews the day before that all demographics, orders, and history & physicals have been received from MD offices, and puts together necessary forms for processing the day of arrival.
8. Prepares and coordinates staff schedules and reviews for efficiency and accuracy while coordinating and updating the staffing process to reflect changes in the scheduling system.
9. Collaborates with Oncology Leadership Team and Nursing Staffing Office regarding monthly schedule accuracy.
10. Other duties as assigned
Location: Poughkeepsie-Dyson Center 45 Reade Place
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Monday-Friday 7:30-5 Flex
Org Unit: 1246
Department: Outpatient Infusion Center
EOE, including disability/vets.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Oncology Office Coordinator
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 48111