In Patient Physical Therapist 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 17282
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
$15,000 Sign On Bonus (if eligibility requirements are met)
We offer full benefits, clear career paths for growth opportunities, 401K.
Exciting opportunity for a licensed PHYSICAL THERAPIST 2 to join a dynamic multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team at Danbury Hospital! This is a day shift (5 days per week, 8am to 4:30pm for in-patients, may include weekends work schedule and holidays coverage). We offer competitive pay, perks and benefits. New grads welcome and experienced PT's welcome.
- Physical Therapists provide services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain.
- Evaluates and analyzes patients and therapeutic application, exercise, instruction to patient/family and other procedures to maximize functional independence.
- Clinical responsibilities may include treatment of pediatric, adults and mature adults in the acute care hospital setting and acute rehabilitation facility setting.
- Performs physical therapy evaluations. Demonstrates technical skill and accuracy in performing evaluations
- Performs physical therapy treatment planning and implementation. Utilizes appropriate interventions, procedures & equipment as defined by specialty area
- Provides patient/family education and training
- Provides peer review and participates in performance improvement activities
- Documentation is completed based on department guidelines
- Initiates discharge planning
- Continuing education: attends 20 hours per year, provides two hours of in-service education to staff per year
- Provides full time clinical experience to student
- Acts as mentor to lower level staff
- Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding and evaluating assistive personnel
- CT State Physical Therapist License
- Bachelor's Level Degree
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: 5 days per week, 8 to 4:30pm for in-patients, may include weekends work schedule and holidays coverage
Department: I/P Physical Medicine
Salary Range: $32 - $63 hourly rate based on level of experience
Community / Marketing Title: In Patient Physical Therapist 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 55302