Case Mgmt Social Worker
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 17327
Case Mgmt Social Worker
Purpose: The Social Worker will be responsible for the support/intervention of patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates the development of a discharge plan of care for complex patient populations. The position will assist patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness; cope with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability; participate in restorative health programs; carry out discharge recommendations; and in addressing issues of end of life care. Using a variety of treatment modalities, the Social Worker will assist patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial and emotional problems related to illness, health care, and rehabilitation. This position is provides patient/family interventions to support clinical, satisfaction, financial, and compliance related outcomes. Population served based on scope of services in the department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master Social Worker (MSW) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ experience in Social Work or similar field of practice.
- PREFER: Case Management experience in an acute care setting.
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical abilities to assist in working independently, obtaining solutions to problems and prioritize work.
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities and maintain calm demeanor in stressful environment.
- Proficiency with computers and clinical applications.
- License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Current NYS license in Social Work or eligible for limited permit. If limited permit, must obtain license within 12 months of hire date or employment will be terminated.
- · PREFER: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- PREFER: Certified Case Manager (CCM).
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Pay Rate: $31.00
Work Shift: Monday- Friday 8-4:30/ Every 4th Weekend
Competitive benefit packages!
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Case Mgmt Social Worker
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 56631