Location: Sharon, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 17521
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
- Function as the scrub nurse
- Assist with the nursing care activities and surgical services provided to a specific group of neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patients consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and Hospital Administration
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the age of the patient served on the nursing unit or by patient care department
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required through a nationally accredited educational program, such as National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of previous medical/surgical and/or Operating Room experience
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Basic computer skills, i.e. MS Outlook
Location: Sharon Hospital
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day
Work Shift: M-F, 7am-3:30pm (work 9 x 8hr weekdays in 2 weeks), plus on call shifts
Department: Operating Room
Salary Range: $25-$45/HR.
Community / Marketing Title: Surgical Technologist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sharon, Connecticut US
Job Number: 56691